Yardarm is a simple, fun app that reminds you when it’s time to give yourself a treat.
Now, what’s not to like about that?
Whether you call it “wine o’clock”, “sundowners”, “aperitifs” or “the kids have finally gone to bed”, once the sun’s over that yardarm, it’s your signal to start winding down at the end of the day.
Set the simple timer and go about your duties and when it’s time to heave to and drop your anchor, Yardarm will sound the ship’s bell and send you an Ahoy! Then it’s time for a drinking toast that you can share with your shipmates.
Be you landlubber, pirate or privateer, you’ll always know exactly when the sun’s over the Yardarm (or the “Yaaaaardaaaaarm” if you’re in Pirate Mode).
With Yardarm you can:
– learn to say “Cheers!” in lots of different languages
– discover new (and old!) drinking toasts that you can share with your friends
– find the hidden ‘Pirate Mode’ – if you have the heaaaaaart for it…
– unearth the true origin of the expression “the sun’s over the yardarm”
– fill your screen, and your glass, with tiny bubbles 🙂
– get words of wisdom and fun quotations about time and drinking
Yo-ho-ho and you know the rest. Please loot, pillage and plunder responsibly.
And remember – the sun’s always over the yardarm somewhere!
What the sailors say:
“Bountiful. If I’d had Yardarm, I wouldn’t have forgotten the rum ration and those devils might never have mutinied.”
Lieutenant William Bligh
“If my crew had Yardarm to keep them disciplined, they might not have sucked me dry.”
“HAAAAAaaaard to imagine how we ever managed without it, frankly.”
Edward Teach (Blackbeard)