**Winner of The English-Speaking Union President’s Award 2011 + British Council ELTon Innovation Awards 2012 nominee**
Help perfect your English pronunciation with the best-value, most-comprehensive English phonetics app available. Enjoy 20 fun English phonetics/pronunciation practice activities and resources in one engaging app. Perfect for students and teachers!
First-ever mobile phonetics typewriter. Type, save, print or email your phonetic spellings (Plus, hear the sounds as you type!) QUICK ACCESS MENUS for iPhone 5 & above!*
The creators of the highly-popular, British Council ELTon nominated Phonetics Focus, bring you the Phonetics Focus mobile app, helping you to master the sounds of English and perfect your pronunciation wherever you are.
Packed with 20 activities, including interactive Phonemic Charts, Listen & Record, Phonetic Typewriter, scored quizzes, practice tools and printable full-colour flashcard sets (8 sets/350 flashcards), supported with high-quality native-speaker audio, this app could be the only one you’ll need to learn, improve and succeed in successfully teaching and learning the sounds of British English.
Plus, a chance to win great pronunciation titles from Cambridge University Press, in our free monthly prize draw!
*Check out the Phonetics Focus iPad app too-for a ‘big screen’ phonetics teaching/learning experience
*Phonetics Focus Zone on the web: http://bit.ly/1r0o9Ug
*Don’t miss Phonetics Showdown + English Sounds: Pronunciation & Phonetics!*
*The perfect partner for our Phonetics Type & Test app!
This powerful, fun, easy-to-use app is packed with 20 different activities to improve your knowledge of pronunciation, phonemic symbols and all 44 sounds of English. All supported by over 30 teaching/learning ideas & tips
FOUR exciting tools to teach & learn phonetics/pronunciation:
– Phonemic Chart: All 44 sounds and symbols… just a click away Now with 100+ example words/audio files to show how the sounds are used at the beginning, middle & end of words (tap the symbol & see up to 3 words per sound)
– Listen & Record: Listen, Repeat, Record & Perfect
– Phonetics Typer: Create your own phonetic spellings with the first-ever phonetics typewriter (perfect for making your own practice resources)
– Phonemic Chart iPoster: A fully illustrated, all-in-one chart
* EIGHT fun, interactive, scored quizzes and activities to help you improve your knowledge of the sounds of English:
– Name that Phoneme!: Match the symbol to the sound
– Phonetic Flip: Practice your phonetic spelling
– Phoney Phonemes Quiz: Can you spot the fake phonemes?
– Missing Phonemes Quiz: Which phoneme has been removed?
– Minimal Pairs: Which one do you hear?
– Phonetic Spelling Test: How’s your phonetic spelling?
– Which Phoneme?: Pick the correct symbol & score
– Odd Phon’ Out: One is right, but three are wrong
Plus EIGHT sets of full-colour flashcards (350 in total) for you to use on your device, or download, print and use either by yourself, with friends or in your classroom. We’ve also included over 30 TEACHING & LEARNING ideas!
* Who is Phonetics Focus for?
In short, anyone who teaches English or is learning English can benefit from our app:
– If you are an English language learner, of any age and from any country, Phonetics Focus provides you with new, exciting ways to learn, practise and improve your pronunciation.
– If you are a language teacher looking for stimulating, high-quality pronunciation/phonetics resources to help your students, Phonetics Focus is for you.
– Trainee teachers studying towards CELTAs, wanting to master the sounds of English
– If you are a non-native English speaking teacher who needs help teaching students the sounds of English correctly, Phonetics Focus is for you.
– Linguistics students, at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
***Please email [email protected] with any comments, questions or suggestions.